On the day of your wedding, your focus should on your soulmate and not your soles. So this blog is all about wedding shoes! Tips, advice and a little inspiration for your wedding shoes, so you’re all set on your special day!
Break in your wedding shoes:
– Make sure your sole is good for your soul.
First and most importantly, ladies please make sure that you break in your wedding shoes! Making sure that you’re comfortable on your wedding day is one of the best things you can do for yourself. You don’t want the day of the wedding to be the day you find out you can’t stand in your shoes for more than ten minutes at a time! So as soon as you can, get to work on making those shoes as comfortable as possible for your big day.
Have backups for your portraits:
We can only imagine how tough it was to find the perfect pair of wedding shoes. So we wouldn’t want you to risk ruining them as your walk around the venue for your portraits. We highly recommend having a pair of comfortable back up shoes that you can use during the portrait sessions. Doing this will keep the real wedding shoes in crisp and pristine condition for the actual ceremony.
Don’t be afraid to stand out:
It’s your wedding, you’re supposed to be the center of attention. From your hair to your make up, to your dress, all the way down to those shoes, everyone’s focus is going to be on you. Don’t spend time worrying about whether or not your guests will approve of your shoes. Rock the shoes that make you happy and take pride in your uniqueness!
Feel free to break tradition:
As far as I am aware, there is no formal handbook that says you must wear white heels for your wedding. Like we said before, it’s your day, and you have every right to wear whatever you want! So if you want to wear heels, flats, sneakers, or even go barefoot, do it and don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t! What’s most important is that you wear the shoes that are perfect for you.
Make sure your wedding shoes suit the venue:
As much as we support your decision to wear the shoes that make you the happiest, we also recommend that you buy wedding shoes to suit your venue. A single pair of shoes can only be practical in so many locations. Stilettos are fine for indoor ceremonies with solid flat surfaces. However, if you try to wear them outside on the grass or in the sand, you might quickly find yourself running into some issues.
If you have any questions or want more information, click the button above, and we’ll be more than happy to help.
Just like with dresses, the possibilities for shoes are endless. It can be a time-consuming process, but once you’ve found the one, it’s all worth it. If you need some extra inspiration for your wedding, check out the gallery below!
Planning a destination wedding, but not sure where to go? I’ve got your answer right here! Lake Como, Italy, is hands down one of the most romantic and picturesque places on the planet for a wedding! It might seem like a stretch, but just keep reading and I’ll tell you why Lake Como is the perfect for any destination wedding!
Due to its location at the the foothill of the Italian Alps, the area is blessed with some simply stunning views. Lush green hillsides, exotic plant life, snow-capped mountains, and of course, the vividly blue water of the lake itself. You’d struggle to think of a more picturesque location for a wedding. Even outlets like the Huffington Post, refer to Lake Como, as one of the world’s most beautiful lakes.
Several Options for your Ceremony
With a wide variety of different towns, and villages scattered along the shoreline of Lake Como, there are quite a few options for you to choose where your ceremony will take place. Smaller, intimate weddings can be held comfortably in one of the many villas/mansions that overlook the lake. If you’d prefer to be outside for your wedding, there are also several beautiful gardens that make incredible venues. As for those of you who are thinking about having a more traditional ceremony in a church, there is a Catholic Church as well as a Protestant Church that can host your wedding.
Amazing experience for your guests
One of the best things about a destination wedding, is that it leaves everyone with memories that will last them a lifetime. Inviting your loved ones to share your special day in a place as beautiful as Lake Como, is something that will stay with them forever. If they chose to come a few days before the wedding, they will have the opportunity to take one of the many ferries that tour the lake, and get to bask in the charm of all the different towns and villages that surround it. Once they’ve finished immersing themselves in the rich culture and history of this magical place, they can start looking forward to the main event. Your beautiful fairy tale wedding!
Above all else, Lake Como is simply just one of the most romantic places a couple can pick to get married. There is just something about Lake Como that just emits love and romance. Maybe it’s just something in the water, but there is definitely a reason so many iconic movie scenes have been filmed here, and why so many celebs come here for romantic getaways. Whatever it is, there is no denying that there is something magical about this place and honestly, why wouldn’t you want it to be the venue for the beginning of your happily ever after?
Over the past couple of years the age old rule of seeing your groom at the altar for the first time has become a thing of the past. A private “First Look” or “Reveal” before the wedding ceremony has been around for many years. What is a First Look? This is the moment where the bride and groom see each other for the first time in a private location. They share a special moment while the photographer captures every hug and kiss. From having extra time with your significant other to being able to enjoy spending more time with guests after the ceremony, there are so many reasons why a First Look is beneficial on your wedding day. Here are my top 10…
1) IT IS NOT BAD LUCK! This is the least of your worries on your wedding day.
2) Get that First Impression you’ve always dreamed of: Walking down the aisle in front of all your guest is one of the most nerve wracking things a bride and groom will ever have to do. There are so many things a bride is thinking about while walking. Is the veil on straight? “Am I holding the bouquet at a good height?” “Oh, cousin Beth made it.” “Smile for the camera!” “Wait, I haven’t made eye contact with the groom yet.” By the time you’ve reached the altar, the 10 seconds of walking down the aisle towards the rest of your life have simply passed. The moment of a First Look allows you to control the scenario. It can be as intimate as just the bride and groom with the photographer in the background capturing the moment, or as fun and exciting with your whole bridal party watching. It all depends on the mood and emotion you are envisioning.
3) Allow your photographer creative freedom: Traditionally, portraits are taken during cocktail hour. That gives your photographer only 45 minutes to capture family portraits, bride and groom portraits and reception decor. When it comes to photography there are different factors to think about – if you are looking into having creative and romantic photos, the First Look will allow you the time to capture everything you have always dreamed of.
4) Additional time to enjoy the benefits of daylight photos: Natural light does not require a fancy set up or flashes. A photographer has the ability to play with the light and create the perfect setting. During the day, the photographs show the colors and textures of nature’s beauty which makes your memories look bright and vibrant as apposed to dark. However if night time photos is what you like having a first look will allow you to have the best of all worlds.
5) Time to relax before the ceremony: Allows time between photos and ceremony to freshen up and re-apply makeup if necessary. The reveal also adds time to your day by allowing a few minutes of freshening up and relaxing before walking down the aisle.
6) Make it worth your while: In some cultures, the bride and groom have to see each other before hand anyway to sign the marriage license together. So why not get the most out of it and see each other earlier to get amazing photos.
7) Extra time with your significant other: In a traditional wedding scenario, the bride and groom only spend the ceremony and reception together. Totalling up to 5 hours together. A First Look allows you a couple of extra hours together to enjoy on your big day.
8) The venue of your dreams: Have the choice of taking your portraits at a different location than the venue or hotel where you’re getting ready. If the picture spot of your dreams is out of budget or time frame, then a first look is the way to go. 100% of our New York City brides want portraits in Central Park which is usually not possible unless they do a first look.
9) Be the FUN Bridal party you see in magazines: Dedicate ample time for just your photos, family and bridal party photos. When group photos are taken during the “First look” time, it is more organized than if it is done after ceremony. This gives you the ability to inform family and bridal party members when and where to meet. It also gives you time with your bridal party for some fun and creative photos. After the ceremony, the area is busy with guests mingling and walking around. It can be distracting for the family members who need to be in photos which then leads to a delay of gathering everyone together.
10) Enjoy your cocktail hour: Not only does a First Look allow you extra time for photos with your significant other, but immediate family portraits can be done during that time as well. This way, the bride and groom can spend cocktail hour mingling with guests and thanking them for joining your wedding celebration. Usually, thanking guests takes place during the reception where the bride and groom spend almost all their time going from table to table. Joining cocktail hour not only allows you to eat, drink and relax but also allows you to fully enjoy the reception with your new spouse.
At the end of the day, it is all about enjoying time together as newlyweds and enjoying a day that goes by so quickly. Squeeze every fun second out of it and a First Look is definitely a step in that direction.
Today I bring you some photos from Veronica and Christopher’s wedding–a beautiful affair, and a destination wedding for both the bride and the groom. Here are some vitals: Ceremony: St. Patrick’s, Reception: Westin Colonnade, Cinematography: Ray Roman Films, Photography: Alain Martinez Photography.
Here are some of my favorite shots…
I love these two following shots I took, one against the light, and the other one with the light. Two completely different pictures, same exact moment.
awesome detail shot of the rings taken by Angie
Check out this adorable little boy who captivated the room as soon as he walked in.
meanwhile, Christopher was waiting at the church…
Here’s the man of the hour again…..
Well I hope you all enjoyed these pictures as much we enjoyed shooting the wedding. Keep it locked here for more soon…
Today it brings me great pleasure to share with you pictures from Lani and John’s wedding. These two love birds had an amazing bash in Key West. We had an amazing time while we were there, visited some old friends, and met some new ones. Over all a great experience. Here are some vitals: Ceremony/Reception: Casa Marina, Key West, Styling: Marie-Pierre, Videography: Focused On Forever, Photography: Alain Martinez Photography, and keeping us under control (trying to anyway), Tamara Cohen from TC Event Design.
A special shout out to Hannah Charlotte for assisting me and Angie in this wedding. Here are some of my favorite shots.
Check out those red lips!!!!
Lani and her sisters sharing a moment…
A few details…
if they above picture doesn’t make your mouth water, how about the one below…
You all know I have a thing for my brides climbing places and getting unconventional shots, so here’s Lani (above) on top of the bar.
a little drama above, and whole lot of love below…
One of my favorite shots of the year!!!
I hope you all enjoyed these pictures as much as we enjoyed partying with Lani and John in Key West. Keep it locked here for more soon…